APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/
The Institute of Contemporary Art Baltimore is pleased to announce an open call for our second annual Flat File Program. The 2020 program will open in February with an exhibition of accepted works at our permanent location at 16 W North Ave. Individual works from the Flat File Program will be highlighted throughout the year in the gallery, on our website, and through social media. Works will be available for purchase throughout the year on our website and accessible in the gallery for browsing.
– Open to professional working artists in the Maryland/VA/DC area only. Currently enrolled students are not eligible to apply.
– Submission fee is $10, nonrefundable, for up to five images. NOTE: You will be prompted to pay the $10 application via PayPal once you complete the application and hit send, OR you can go to this link: https://goo.gl/xk8ERs OR you can send $10 to @Louis-Joseph-9 on Venmo. You will be prompted to submit payment after you submit your application materials.
– All work for consideration must have been completed in the last five years.
– Work should be no larger than 22×30” unframed and unmounted with a maximum thickness of 1/2″.
– All submitted work must be available for sale.
– Maximum retail price of each work submitted should be less than $500; current price should be indicated.
– 70% of sales of artwork will go to the artist and 30% will go toward programming at ICA Baltimore.
– Images must represent actual work submitted for acceptance. If an accepted work is not available for any reason, it may not be replaced.
– If you have participated in a previous ICA Flat File you may apply again but cannot show work that was previously in part of a flat file (i.e. please submit different work)
– Each image should be not larger than 1000 pixels at the largest dimension.
– Files must be numbered and named LastnameFirstname#.jpg, for example WatersJohn1.jpg.
– All submissions must be in by 11:59pm EDT on November 15, 2019 for consideration.
October 7: Open Call posted
November 15: Application Deadline
Drop-off Dates: Early to mid January 2020 (specific dates will go out with the notification)
February 1-22: ICA Flat File exhibition