ACCEPTING ENTRIES THOUGHT OCTOBER 31, 2019
Allegany County, the Mountain Side of Maryland is accepting entries for the 2019 Mountain Maryland Photo Contest, through October 31, 2019. Enter your photos of Allegany County in four different categories for your chance to win cash prizes ranging from $75 to $250!
First through third place photos in each category will appear in the 2020 Visit Mountain Maryland Destination Guide and will be framed and displayed in our partner locations in Frostburg, MD, and Cumberland, MD.
- Arts and Entertainment: Allegany County boasts a lively art and entertainment scene including two state-designated Arts and Entertainment Districts in Cumberland and Frostburg. This category serves to document events, festivals, activities, nightlife, art, music, and entertainment in Allegany County.
- History and Heritage: The foundation of Allegany County’s history and heritage lies largely in transportation, between the National Road, C&O Canal, Western Maryland Railway, and the recently completed Great Allegheny Passage. The county is full of stories, mountain lore, and heritage that makes us uniquely us. This category serves to document Allegany County’s rich history.
- Active Outdoor Recreation: From trail riding on the Great Allegheny Passage, stand-up paddle boarding, and canoeing at Rocky Gap State Park, to hiking in Green Ridge State Forest, Allegany County has plenty of opportunities to play in the outdoors. This category serves to capture the community and visitors active in the outdoors. These shots should feature people in movement and recreation in the outdoors.
- Nature and Scenic Landscapes: Public lands, historic architecture, streetscapes, overlooks, waterways, and more, Allegany County, Maryland, has many scenic landscapes. Show us your favorite views of Allegany County’s backdrop.
Cash prizes to be awarded in each category for the following amounts.
- 1st Place: $250
- 2nd Place: $100
- 3rd Place: $75
- Applicants must be 18 years of age to participate in the contest.
- The applicant acknowledges that any persons appearing in submitted photograph(s) have given the applicant and Allegany County Tourism consent for reproduction and promotional use.
- Only photos that were taken in and of Allegany County, Maryland, will be eligible.
- Photo(s) must be submitted in the high-quality format: .jpeg format, 300dpi minimum.
- Photo(s) must be submitted in full color.
- The following will result in disqualification:
- Black and white photo(s).
- Collages, composite images, and images that have been digitally transformed with special effects.
- Use of watermarks.
- Files must be named following this format: “Photographer’s First-Name-Last-Name_Photograph-Subject_Photograph-Location” (e.g. John-Henry_Dans-Rock_Frostburg-MD). Photos failing to be formatted properly will be disqualified.
- You may submit an unlimited number of photos for the contest.
- No photographs from previous contests will be accepted.
- We may disqualify any submission for failing to comply with contest rules.
- By submitting the entry form you agree to the contest rules listed above. The applicant also agrees that all photography submitted grants Allegany County Tourism the non-exclusive right to use the photo(s) in publications or for promotional purposes, in perpetuity. By submitting the entry and photo(s), the applicant also acknowledges that any persons appearing in the submitted photo(s) have given the applicant and Allegany County Tourism consent for reproduction and promotional use.
Please direct any questions regarding the Mountain Maryland Photo Contest to [email protected] with a subject line: Mountain Maryland Photo Contest.