Announcing Highlandtown’s first ever live plein air art competition! Create art outside during the Highlandtown First Friday Art Walk.
Registration Required. All ages.
All art forms are welcome. Work must be completed on-site between 5pm and 11pm and be viewable for judging the next day. Works will be on view and available for sale through October.
Registration fee $30
WHEN: Friday October 4, 2019, 5pm – 11pm
WHERE: Highlandtown Arts District, Check in at Night Owl Gallery
How it works:
1. Register in advance on Eventbrite
2. On Friday October 4, check in at Night Owl Gallery (246 S. Conkling St., Gallery C, Baltimore, MD 21224) starting at 5pm with your blank canvas/surface. At check-in we will stamp the back of your canvas/surface and provide you with a map (we ask that you paint within certain boundaries in the Highlandtown Art Walk area). Any size canvas/surface is allowed. You must provide your own canvas/surface, materials, and easel.
3. Create your Highlandtown Nocturne live between 5pm-11pm (Art Walk ends at 9pm, but you are welcome to work until 11pm). All completed works must be dropped off at Night Owl Gallery before 11pm (we ask you to please leave your easel with the work for judging).
4. Judging will take place the next day, Saturday, Oct 5 at 10 am. We welcome all artists to return for a celebratory brunch and announcement of winners at noon. Weather permitting nocturnes and awards will be presented/displayed outside. (You do not need to be present to win)
5. Awards and prizes will be based on number of entries.
6. We ask that all work be left to display through the month of October at Night Owl Gallery. Artists may price their own work (a 30% commission will be taken to support the Highlandtown Arts District).
A portion of the registration fee will go to supporting the Highlandtown Arts and Entertainment District.