Rockville and Germantown Art Department
Artist in Residence Program (AiR)
We are seeking proposals for an artist to spend 3 weeks in the Art Department leading students in collaborative project that provides foundation level students with direct hands-on experience in the arts. Professional artists or Artists Groups in all visual arts disciplines who are interested in working with students are encouraged to apply. Proposals should offer a mutually supportive creative learning environment between students, classes, and the Artist. Preference will be given to applicants whose work and proposal expand on the working range of foundation level teaching. Non-residential (housing and travel not provided)
Artist-in-Residence Artist Stipend: $3000
Fall Semester — applications accepted on a rolling basis
3 weeks in October – November
- Collaborative work may take place in, but is not necessarily limited to, the Sarah Silberman Art Gallery throughout the duration of the residency.
- Programming may include exhibition of the artist’s work, workshops, talks, field trips, and/or any other areas of student art engagement.
- Residency culminates with an installation or presentation of student collaborative project.
ArtWalk Air Artist Stipend: $3000
Spring Semester — applications accepted on a rolling basis
3 weeks in April
- Focus on public, social, or community based outdoor visual arts projects
- Outdoor projects may include temporary installations, performances, participatory activities, and outdoor installation of the artist’s work.
- Residency culminates in activities and projects to be viewed or participated in outdoors on both campuses during ArtWalk, a week of outdoor art.
For the full application and details, please visit: montgomerycollege.edu/