2019 ICA Flat File Program
DUE: Monday, November 26, 2019, 11:59pm
The Institute of Contemporary Art Baltimore is pleased to announce an open call for our inaugural Flat File Program. The 2019 program will open in February with an exhibition of accepted works at our permanent location at 16 W North Ave. Individual works from the Flat File Program will be highlighted throughout the year in the gallery, on our website, and through social media. Works will be available for purchase throughout the year on our website and accessible in the gallery for browsing.
APPLY HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/
– Open to professional working artists in the Maryland/DC area only. Currently enrolled students are not eligible to apply.
– Submission fee is $10, nonrefundable, for up to five images. NOTE: You will be prompted to pay the $10 application via PayPal once you complete the application and hit send, OR you can go to this link: https://goo.gl/xk8ERs
– All work for consideration must have been completed in the last five years.
– Work should be no larger than 22×30” unframed and unmounted with a maximum thickness of ¼”.
– Maximum retail price of each work submitted should be less than $500.
– 70% of sales of artwork will go to the artist and 30% will go toward programming at ICA Baltimore.
– Images must represent actual work submitted for acceptance. If an accepted work is not available for any reason, it may not be replaced.
– Each image should be not larger than 1000 pixels at the largest dimension.
– Files must be numbered and named LastnameFirstname#.jpg, for example WatersJohn1.jpg.
– All submissions must be in by 11:59pm EDT on November 26, 2018 for consideration.
October 19: Open Call posted
November 26: Application Deadline
Early January: Notification
Drop-off Dates: During open hours in January (12-4pm Saturdays and Sundays)
Install: First week of February
February 8-24: ICA Flat File exhibition