ARTIST CALL: MOBILE ART GALLERY
CulturalDC is seeking artists of all kinds to submit new and engaging concepts for our Mobile Art Gallery. After an extremely successful inaugural year of delivering art directly to people’s doorsteps, we are excited to continue building on the momentum of DC’s first moveable artspace.
CulturalDC provides a platform for artists to obtain exposure with our network of arts organizations, audiences, and real estate developers. Artists will receive a stipend. CulturalDC staff also provides critical feedback as exhibitions are in development.
Priority is given to artists and organizations who have not received program support from CulturalDC.
CulturalDC will consider applications based upon the following criteria:
- Unexpected and experimental use of the space
- Engagement of community and relationship to DC’s cultural landscape
- Artistic merit of the proposed project
- Artist or organizational experience
- Capacity to fully execute proposed exhibition
- Viability of the project
- Suitability to the mission of CulturalDC (innovative concept, theme, and work)
- NOVEMBER 1, 2018 by 11:59PM: Cycle 1 Applications
- MAY 1, 2019 by 11:59PM: Cycle 2 Applications
SAMPLE PROJECT TYPES
- 3 Month Exhibitions
- 1 Time Engagements/Performances
- Week/Weekend Long Use
If your initial concept is chosen, you will be contacted further for a detailed budget, timeline, etc. All artists will be notified of their status.
MOBILE ART GALLERY SPECS
Length: 76’ 4”