BmoreArt is seeking a full-time Advertising and Distribution Manager to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
October 9 2018.
BmoreArt is a Baltimore-based print magazine and webzine that celebrates, questions, and critiques art and culture. It started out as a community-based blog in 2007 and evolved into a professional webzine in 2014 and biannual print journal in 2015. BmoreArt works with a diverse team of writers, art historians, artists, photographers, and designers to create a multifaceted and authentic vision of Baltimore as a place for creativity and community, but also serves as a constructive critic.
BmoreArt covers the arts and culture of the city, region, and nation from a nuanced and socially relevant perspective. We view the arts as a way to engage with human rights, social issues, politics, economics, and relationships of all kinds. We believe that the arts are a vehicle to knowing ourselves better – as individuals, as a community, a city, and a global entity – and that everyone benefits when artists’ contributions are elevated, acknowledged, recognized, accessed, supported, and engaged. Our audience is far greater than the regional community of artists and culture producers, encompassing a broad and diverse demographic; our tone is conversational, rather than academic.
BmoreArt boasts an active and growing online readership averaging 60,000 visits each month and produces a full color print journal twice a year. We have a growing following on social media and increasingly host meaningful community events like speaker series, panels, and magazine launch parties. We are an independent and experimental publication that values creativity, innovation, authentic voice, and storytelling. We are looking for an individual with excellent writing and editing skills to become a key member of our team with a vision for this growing publication’s future.
A+D Manager Responsibilities:
- Create a plan to significantly raise advertising and distribution revenues, short- and long-term
- Build ongoing relationships with area institutions, businesses, and organizations to facilitate advertising and distribution pipelines and partnerships
- Organize, facilitate and schedule advertising campaigns and partnerships for print and online publications, and report to clients afterwards
- Manage advertising insertion orders for online and print ads
- Create a distribution plan for BmoreArt’s print journal in order to maintain existing distribution partnerships and to broaden our distribution, both in Baltimore and in other cities
- Initiate and cultivate new relationships with sponsors, advertisers, and distributors
- Act as quality check on all creative sent by clients
- Create an innovative subscription model for BmoreArt print journal, newsletter, and online content
- Attend relevant art and culture events as a representative of BmoreArt
- Help plan and execute biannual BmoreArt magazine launch parties and events as needed
- Maintain regular professional correspondence with publisher, writers, art professionals, calendar manager, advertising & distribution manager, and readers
- Help maintain BmoreArt’s social media presence as needed
- Well versed in digital media, specifically ad products, ideally with 2 years experience in digital marketing or advertising
- Familiarity with online and print magazines, especially independent and culturally based publications
- A passion for art and visual culture, including visual art, museums, galleries, theater, music, and food
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to document, track, and organize marketing and distribution strategies, experience with spreadsheets, online scheduling strategies, and group communications is preferred
- Ethical approach to economic and marketing decisions
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships, both in person and remotely, with individuals, community groups, cultural institutions, and businesses
- A creative vision for BmoreArt’s future
- Ability to create promotional materials for potential advertisers, distributors, and collaborating sponsors; Graphic design experience is helpful but not required
Application Should Include:
2 References – name, phone, address, and how you know them
2 Work Samples – What kind of results have you produced in the past? Describe two different jobs or projects, as well as the outcome (250 words or less for each)
A Short Statement (500-600 words) about your vision for the publication and your role there.
Starting annual salary is commensurate with experience. Starting range is $40,000 plus commission.
Email your application to Publisher / Editor-in-Chief Cara Ober at [email protected] by November 30, 2018.