Maryland Art Place (MAP), in partnership with Hotel Indigo is pleased to announce an open ‘Call to Artists’. As an extension of MAP’s annual IMPACT public art partnership projects, MAP is working with Hotel Indigo to offer rotating exhibitions in Hotel indigo’s library and Poets Modern Cocktails and Eats. This opportunity is available to visual artists living or working in Maryland. Maryland Art Place will curate four exhibitions a year based on submissions entered through a rolling basis.
Hotel Indigo, Baltimore Downtown is a boutique hotel located in Baltimore, MD. MAP has been working closely with the hotel since it opened, selecting and installing the hotel’s permanent artwork collection including works by Jared Ragland, Gary Kachadourian and Christos Palios. Hotel Indigo and MAP share the same vision of supporting working artists in the region, and both look forward to their continued partnership and the rotation of quarterly exhibitions. For more information, visit www.baltimoreindigohotel.com.
General Guidelines & Information
- Artist agrees that Maryland Art Place/Hotel Indigo may use images of the artwork for press and promotional purposes related to IMPACT.
- All works must be no larger than 60 X 60
- MAP only accepts 2-d works – photography, painting, mixed media or similar welcomed.
- You may apply as an individual artist, or for an artist group on your behalf
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Benefits to the artist: The selected artist(s) will benefit in the following ways:
- Exhibition opening reception at Hotel Indigo
Increased visibility of artist’s name and artwork through:
- Press announcements
- Highlighted on MAP’s website and social media platforms
- Exhibition postcards