The Carroll County Arts Council (CCAC) is searching for a full-time Executive Director. The Board of Directors seeks an energetic and transformative leader who can accelerate the growing reputation and success of CCAC.
The Executive Director serves as the Chief Operating Officer of the Carroll County Arts Council, a private 501c3 non-profit organization established in 1969. The Director manages the Carroll Arts Center, a multi-cultural facility in Westminster, MD, reports to the Board of Directors, and leads a staff of 7 dedicated professionals. He or she will work closely with members of the arts community, local government, academic, and nonprofit sectors, and collaborate within the bounds of CCAC’s mission. He or she will be a visionary catalyst for the future development of the Arts Council. Our next leader will ensure that the organization is run with integrity, transparency, and is an excellent leader for our diverse staff.
Candidates for the position will need to possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Relevant experience in leading a vibrant organization, preferably nonprofit
- Financial and business leadership, including fundraising skills/knowledge
- Superb communication skills, including public speaking
- Personal commitment to a collaborative and team approach to work
- Ability to forge strategic partnerships with business & government leaders, business organizations, and community partners
- Experience in relationship building, including working with boards, volunteers, and the public
This is a hands-on leadership position that requires a strong work ethic, a passion for the arts, and creative problem solving skills.
Click here for a more detailed job description.
Applications will be received and considered until 2/2/18. Anticipated starting date is Spring 2018. Applicants should apply online only by submitting the following information to: [email protected]
- Letter of Interest, stating in 100 words or less why you are the right person for this position
- Salary Requirements
- 3-5 Professional References with email addresses and telephone numbers