Exhibition on View: May 17 – June 23, 2018
May 17, 2018: Curators’ Incubator Opening Reception
Maryland Art Place (MAP) is excited to restore the Curators’ Incubator program, slated to open May of 2018. MAP established Curators’ Incubator in 2004 as a platform for aspiring curators to grow. In this program, MAP’s gallery is made available to an emerging curator or curatorial team to develop a creative, curatorial vision as part of a mentored partnership initiative. The program provides approximately 2,200 square feet of gallery space in downtown Baltimore, located within the Bromo Arts District.
MAP is open to exhibition proposals of all types. Curators’ proposals will be juried by MAP’s staff and Programming Advisory Committee (PAC) this October, 2017. After the initial review of proposals, up to five curators will be selected for advancement to phase two of the application process where they will be required to formally present and expand upon their proposal to the PAC in November.
Proposal Must Contain:
- Online application form
- Statement of intent
- Short biography for each artist intended for inclusion in proposed exhibition
- Comprehensive Budget (see prospectus for details)
Deadline to Apply: October 6, 2017
- October 6, 2017: Complete Proposals Due
- November 2017: Select Proposal Presentations
- December 2017: Curators Announced
- May 17, 2018: Curators Incubator Exhibition Opening
- May 17 – June 23, 2018: Exhibition on View
Questions? Email MAP’s Program Manager, Naomi, [email protected]!