Maryland Art Place (MAP) is pleased to announce an open ‘Call to Artists’ for the 2016 edition of “IMPRINT,” an annual program initiated by the MAP staff in 2012 to highlight one contemporary artist who has demonstrated excellence within their selected media. This will be the fifth year of the program. MAP’s Program Advisory Committee (PAC), Staff, and Board of Trustees collectively review all submissions to select IMPRINT artists.
IMPRINT Goal: To support artists by increasing the visibility of their work and by promoting sales.
I M P R I N T artists benefit by being highlighted on MAP’s website and through the sale of a funded artist print reproduction. (See: http://www.mdartplace.org/opportunities/imprint) MAP will also sell the reproduction at its annual benefits or offer them as sponsor incentives, which furthers the artist name and work. The selected artwork will officially launch in conjunction with MAP’s Annual Spring Benefit, Out of Order.
General IMPRINT Guidelines & Information:
- MAP only accepts 2-D works for replication – photography, painting, mixed media or similar welcomed.
- All works must be less than or equal to 16” X 24” in scale.
- All replications will be in an edition of 100.
- All replications will receive a ‘chop or seal’ noting Maryland Art Place as the publisher.
- All replications will be printed on an agreed upon archival fine art paper.
- MAP will cover printing expenses and will deduct this expense off the top of the sale price, before the split of
- MAP will continue to promote both artist and artwork beyond the artist’s selected IMPRINT year.
- MAP will continue to sell artist replications until the edition ends.
- **Artist agrees to not reproduce the selected IMPRINT work at the agreed upon dimensions because this will
devalue the edition. Likewise, MAP agrees not to reproduce or reprint the edition following the initial 100
- The artist must submit a high-resolution file for reproduction. MAP will not cover scanning or photography fees.
To apply please E-mail a completed application form along with:
- 1-3 images and work descriptions (please be specific about media and size.)
- Artist resume/bio.
- Application fee ($5 per submitted image, with a maximum of three images.)
* Note – there is no application for MAP members. MAP memberships run one year from date of signup. Please send your application to [email protected] by March 1, 2016.
Submit application fee through Click&Pledge on MAP’s website, connect with the MAP staff to process credit card, or make checks payable to: Maryland Art Place | c/o IMPRINT | 218 West Saratoga Street | Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410.962.8565