Introducing Small Wonders:
The Maryland Federation of Art (MFA) invites all artists residing in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico to enter its 13th annual Small Wonders competition. Original 2-D and 3-D artwork meeting size restrictions and following entry guidelines, will be considered. The selected works will be on exhibit at MFA’s Circle Gallery from November 27 – December 23, 2015. Exhibition Chair: Carol Donahue
Georgia Deal is Professor and Printmaking Area Coordinator at the George Washington Corcoran School of Arts and Design. Her area of expertise is in intaglio, mixed-media and photographic print processes, along with papermaking and book arts. She has served as resident printmaker at the Smithsonian American Art Museum and has taught at Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute in Utica, NY. She has conducted workshops and study-abroad courses with many organizations and is a member of the boards of Hand Papermaking magazine, the Washington Print Club, the Skopelos Foundation of the Arts, The Friends of Dard Hunter organization, and the Southern Graphics International Council.
Terms of Entry
All entries must adhere to MFA general guidelines as well as the terms of entry specific to the exhibit as listed below.
When entering the exhibition you will be asked to accept the Terms of Entry. Any entry that does not follow Terms of Entry and General Guidelines will be subject to rejection regardless of the Juror’s decision.
- A maximum of 6 original works created within the past 3 years may be entered.
- Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible.
- 2-D works may not exceed 11 inches on any side, including the frame. 3-D works may not exceed 7 inches in any direction.
- All work must be visibly signed by artist (front or back) and include edition numbers (1/1, 2/50, e.g.) for hand-pulled prints. Works must be priced for sale or marked POR (price on request).
Cash awards total $1000. Award contributors and recipients will be listed in the exhibition catalog.
Entries and Submission Fees
- Entries must be submitted online.
- Entry fees are $35 (MFA members, $20) for one or two entries and $5 each for up to four additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- To enter online, you will need an MFA account that includes an email address and a password. There is no charge to create an MFA account.
- Submit one JPEG image per piece entered, or as allowed. To provide the best image for juror set pixel dimension to around 2000 pixels on the longest side. File size may be no more than 2 MB.
- Images of accepted works may be used at the sole discretion of MFA for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation, catalog, web site or on a subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will include attribution whenever possible.
July 16 On-line entry open for submissions
Sept 10 Deadline for entries
Oct 1 Notifications are sent by email. contact MFA if you do not receive notice.
Nov 14-20 Shipped work and hand-delivered work must arrive at circle Gallery, 18 State circle, Annapolis MD, 21401
Nov 27 11-5 p.m. First day of exhibition.
Dec 3 3-5 p.m. Reception at Circle Gallery. Awards presented at 4:00 p.m.
Dec 23 3-5 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. No early pick up.
Dec 27, 28 11-5 p.m. Pick up hand-delivered work. There is a $10 fine for late pick up.
By Dec 30 Shipped work will be sent.
All entrants will receive notice by email. The notice to accepted artists will include specific details and could vary from prospectus. A list of accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on MFA’s website. Please set your email account to recognize this address: [email protected] dart.org. Contact gallery if you do not receive notice.