VisArts seeks a part-time (8 hours/week) Gallery Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, orient, supervise and schedule gallery volunteers for the four VisArts galleries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Recruit, orient and supervise volunteers for the VisArts gallery program.
- Tasks include posting information about the volunteer program on the VisArts website and other potential recruiting sites, reviewing applications, meeting with potential volunteers, conducting orientation sessions and scheduling volunteers to sit in the VisArts galleries during regular hours of operation and for additional gallery programming.
- Maintain data on hours volunteer hours and gallery visitors.
- Plan gallery tours for volunteers.
Weekly Schedule: (Except for site supervision on weekends, work may be done at home)
3 hours/week – Recruit, train (orientation), schedule volunteers for four galleries during gallery open hours
1 hour/week – Record keeping for gallery volunteer program:
- Keep track of volunteer hours and credits
- Track use of credits
- Sign up volunteers for classes (with approval of Education Director)
- Enter email logs
- Enter number of visitors in a document template for Exhibition Coordinator
8 hours/week – Site supervision of galleries on weekends
$12/hour – 48 hours per month including weekend hours
Send application materials to Alice Nappy, Executive Director, [email protected]
August 7, 2015