FEAST at VisArts 2015 (Funding Emerging Artist with Sustainable Tactics) is a bridge between artists and the community. FEAST is a public meal designed to use community-driven financial support to democratically fund new and emerging art makers. FEAST at VisArts 2015 will take place on September 27th on the Rooftop at VisArts in Rockville, Maryland, 11:30 to 2:30 p.m. Patrons will give a $30 donation for which they receive a delicious brunch of local food and a ballot. Diners listen to and review a series of project proposals and converse with the artists and thinkers behind each idea. Attendees cast a vote for their favorite proposal, and by the end of the event, the artist who garners the most votes is awarded a grant comprised of the event ticket money.
FEAST at VisArts invites artists, thinkers, and organizations to submit proposals for funding up to $1,000. Project proposals will address the theme of Interaction. The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday, September 14, 2015.
Plan now to participate in FEAST at VisArts 2015. We look forward to reviewing your proposals!
How to Submit a Proposal
- Deadline: Monday September 14, 2015 Midnight
- EMAIL APPLICATIONS ONLY- E-mail your proposal to:[email protected]
- Subject: FEAST PROPOSAL
This year’s Call for FEAST Proposals: INTERACT! seeks proposals that bring people together. In the spirit of getting to know one another, we traverse boundaries, share ideas, collaborate, and shed light on the rich facets that make up a community. Interaction is a step toward compassion, empathy, knowledge, respect and understanding. It is an opportunity to reveal the network of influences that bind together a community. Project proposals will offer opportunities for creative interaction within or between our communities, specifically focusing on the Rockville/Washington/Baltimore metropolitan area.
Projects that may receive funding represent a diverse cross section of contemporary artistic, social, design and scientific practices. Performances, community events, visual, sonic, tactile, olfactory discoveries, documents, parades, paths, maps, participatory actions, poetic data analysis, interviews, stories, games… No project or medium is incongruous with FEAST. We encourage artists, thinkers and organizations to move outside their everyday practice and produce work that encourages situations where interaction and participation are essential. Interact!
Application content must include answers to all of the following questions:
Title: What is your project’s name?
Summary: Describe your project in 250 words or less. Include statements on:
- What will the FEAST funds be used for?
- How will this project be implemented?
- How does the project address the theme of Interaction?
- What is the community you are addressing? What is the community significance of your project?
One sentence each:
- FEAST Funding Request: How much will you need to do this (up to $1000)?
- Project Budget: If your project costs are greater than what you have requested, please briefly state how you will be able to implement your project.
- Timeframe: How long is this project going to take?
- Location: Where will this take place?
- Attach one image (300 dpi, no larger than 2 MB) and any relevant URLs. Please include a description of the image.
Proposals are evaluated on these terms:
- Artistic Innovation
- Community Impact
- Proposal clarity and content
- Only complete proposals will be reviewed.
- Only finalists will be invited to the FEAST.
- All applicants will be notified by September 16, 2015 if they are finalists.
- Artists who submit proposals must be present at the September 27th FEAST to be eligible to appear on the ballot.
- Should you win a FEAST grant, you must attend the next FEAST at VisArts (2016) to discuss the progress of your project.
Questions or advice: Feel free to contact [email protected]