WHAT IS AN “AFFILIATED ACTIVITY”?
Though the New Day Campaign will present multiple art exhibitions and public program events, we know there is more interest than we can meet ourselves: other agencies, organizations, and artists may wish to produce their own activities in affiliation with the New Day Campaign. An “affiliated activity” is an undertaking in keeping with the spirit of the New Day Campaign that the campaign itself has neither responsibility for nor authority over, but activities that are in our interest to promote through our (albeit limited) marketing efforts.
NEW DAY CAMPAIGN OVERVIEW
An arts-based initiative to challenge stigma associated with behavioral health conditions and make the world a more healing place, the New Day Campaign (www.newdaycampaign.org) intends to humanize, build compassion, and generate understanding on issues related to mental illness and substance use disorder. The New Day Campaign presents multiple exhibitions in the Baltimore Region October 1 to December 31, 2015, with public programs and a social media campaign. We seek “affiliated activities” for the same time frame and geographic area.
The New Day Campaign is guided by the below set of beliefs and virtues to inform all exhibitions and activities—these may be understood as values we uphold, and takeaways for audiences. The public programs are intended to support the Guiding Principles.
The most important virtues driving messages of the New Day Campaign are:
The most important beliefs of the New Day Campaign are:
- We are not alone/ we are of value/ we are not our illnesses.
- Shame and stigma affect us all.
- Stereotypes are harmful and erroneous.
- There are many pathways to healing.
- When we share our pain, pain is lessened.
- There is power in people—power in community.
- Talking about it—communicating—is a catalyst to change.
March 19, 2015—“Call for Affiliates” opens.
June 29, 2015—DEADLINE for inclusion in New Day Campaign print piece. September 11, 2015—DEADLINE for inclusion on New Day Campaign website.
October 1 to December 31, 2015—New Day Campaign programs & affiliated activities: we require 2-weeks notice on affiliate activities if they are to be included in our weekly email.
The print piece for the Campaign will be a multi-paneled piece, thousands of copies printed, and distributed at various locations throughout the Baltimore area; it will have basic information about all Campaign programs and a list of affiliate activities. The website will have a public program page, including information about all affiliated activities. During the program period (October 1 through December 31, 2015), we will send out a weekly email listing all New Day Campaign and affiliated exhibitions and events in the upcoming week. Additionally, we will from time-to-time “shout out” affiliate activities via our social media platforms.
If you are presenting something you think may qualify as an affiliate activity, and would like to have it be an affiliate, please explain in 200 words or less the public program you propose. Be sure to include as much of the following information as possible:
- What the public program will be.
- Who the public program will feature.
- How the public program specifically relates to New Day Campaign goals.
- Where the public program takes place.
- Costs (if any) to audience for ticket or attendance.
- Links to relevant website(s) and/or Facebook page, if available.
Each submission may include only one of the following (this is optional):
- 1-3 jpeg images. Files should each be between 500KB and 1MB in size—no larger!
- 1 audio or video file, no larger than 10MB in size and no more than 3 minutes long.
- 1 PDF file no longer than 1 page and no larger than 500KB.
We will accept as affiliated activities those that:
• Are consistent with the Guiding Principles and serve Campaign goals;
• Take place in the Baltimore area and between October 1 and December 31, 2015;
• Agree to include in your marketing recognition of being an affiliated activity, including
our logo and website address.
COMPLETING YOUR ENTRY:
Please email your proposals to [email protected] by the deadlines reflected in the TIMELINE. We will respond on a rolling basis.
Email [email protected] with questions.