Entry Deadline: 1/5/15
Images – Minimum: 2, Maximum: 2
Total Media – Minimum: 2, Maximum: 2
ABOUT THE EXHIBIT
From Every Fiber is designed to showcase the many forms that fiber arts take – from traditional to abstract, wall hangings to 3-dimensional pieces. The exhibit will be held at the Texas Gallery in the Arts Center from February 7 to March 18. The Arts Council will also hold a fiber-related workshop during the exhibition to further encourage the growth of the fiber arts in the Brazos Valley.
From Every Fiber is a juried exhibit as there is limited exhibition space. Entrants will be contacted the week of January 12 to be notified of acceptance. All artwork will be insured while on display, however it is the artist’s responsibility to insure artwork during transit.
- All submissions must be original in design – no crafts, kits, or production work. The use of patterns is acceptable.
- Artwork must contain at least 70% fiber materials.
- All artwork must be ready to hang using D-rings or a wire, or display on a pedestal. No sawtooth hangers. Quilts and rugs must have a sewn-in sleeve and rod provided to hang on the wall. Contact The Arts Council if you have questions about preparing your piece for display.
- Artwork that has been previously displayed in other venues will be accepted, however we will not accept pieces displayed in The Arts Council’s 2013 exhibit Fiber Arts: All Things Fiber.
- There is no limit on how old a piece may be, but pieces created in 2013 or later are preferred.
- We encourage but do not require the artwork to be for sale. If your piece is for sale, retail price must be included on the submission form. There is a 30% commission on all sales, so please factor the commission into the retail price.
- Shipping costs: Artists are responsible for shipping costs, insurance during shipping, and return postage for works not sold. Work will be returned in original shipping container. All work returned by mail will be sent the week of March 23.
- Maximum artwork size: 2D: No larger than 10’x10’; 3D: No larger than 24”x24”24” for pedestal pieces, 3’x3’x5’tall for freestanding pieces
January 5, 5pm: Submission Deadline
Week of January 12: Entrants notified of acceptance
February 2-3, 11am-4pm: Artwork Drop-off at the Arts Center (or by appointment) – or
Feb 3: Deadline for artworks to be received by mail
February 7, 2-4pm: Opening Reception
March 19-21, 11am-4pm: Artwork Pick-up at the Arts Council (or by appointment)
Week of March 23: Artwork to be mailed returned to artists
- 2 images of entry: 1 of entire piece, one close-up
- Brief artist statement (200 words max)
- Brief artist biography (200 words max)
- Artwork entry description
- Dimensions (LxW or LxWxH)
- Year Created
- Retail Price
- For Sale in Exhibit?
Any questions? Contact us at (979) 696-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.