Worldwide Call for Mail Art!
American artists Mary England and Erika Kim Milenkovic seek participants to submit mail art for their upcoming exhibition, World Views: What’s Your View? The exhibition will incorporate mail art from around the world and will be on display at the landmark Top of the World Observation Gallery at the World Trade Center in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, which receives thousands of visitors every year. This is your chance to share your views of the world and with the world through a postcard, alongside other global participants!
- Artists should submit an original piece of artwork responding to the question, “What’s your view?” This question is intentionally open-ended, so interpret it as you like. Possible interpretations: What is your view of your city? What is your view of Baltimore? What is your view from your window?
- Participation is free. Participants do not have to be “trained artists”
- Artists may submit a maximum of 2 pieces.
- Artwork can be any shape, but should be no larger than 5 x 7 inches (12.7 x 17.8 centimeters).
- Artwork can be submitted from any country.
- Artwork can include any medium and subject matter, but please be “family-friendly” as this gallery is public and visited by people of all ages.
- Artwork will be photographed and digitally archived online.
- Artwork will not be returned to the artists and will become property of Mary England and Erika Kim Milenkovic. England and Milenkovic reserve the right to utilize or not utilize submitted artwork to create art installations/exhibitions.
- Please be advised that only one side of your artwork will be exhibited in the show. Please indicate your city and country on the exhibited, front side of your piece.
- On the back of your piece, please indicate the title of the piece, your medium, and the name/pseudonym we may use to recognize you. A brief note is optional if you’d like to explain a little about your piece. Your mailing address is also optional if you would like to receive thank you mail.DEADLINE: Mail must be received by January 24, 2015. Please submit as early as possible to be included in the exhibition!
MAIL: Work should be submitted unwrapped (“naked”) via the postal service to:
PO Box 354
Linthicum Heights, MD 21090 USA